18th Impressionists Race - Saturday 1st of May 2021
The 18th edition of the Impressionist Race (originally scheduled for 2020, but cancelled due to sanitary conditions), will take place on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
On the program, according to the usual formula:
- Race in long boats over 21 km (4 or 8)
- Sculling Marathon (single) over 42 km
The race will take place as for previous editions, on the course inaugurated in 2012 (21 km loop), between Chatou and Maisons-Laffitte.
Map of the race
Useful registrations informations and documents
The registration procedures are indicated in the pre-race program. Deadline: April 19, 2021.
Race organization documents:
Registrations on the RCPM server are open from March 5, 2021. Read the instructions in the pre-race program.
Special provisions due to the sanitary conditions of COVID-19 :
- For this edition, the RCPM will not organize a grouped meal. A takeaway sale will be available outdoors on site (sandwiches, fries, drinks, pastry...).
- Similarly, there will be no awards ceremony like in other years. The winners of the different courses will be called after their race to a specific stand to pick up their rewards.
If the health provisions do not allow for long boat races and however individual boat races are still possible, the RCPM will be able to offer participating clubs, instead of the usual 2 races (21 km BL and Marathon in skiff), a head of the river in individual boats over 10 km according to the following modalities:
- 10 km route on the half-loop upstream of the usual route, between Port-Marly and Chatou
- Categories: J16, J18, Seniors, Masters (A to I) and Leisure
- Boats: individual skiffs and canoes
- Departures from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., every 30s
- 3 possible rotations for embassings (return to the pontoon at the RCPM)
- Ranking by H/F and Master and Leisure age categories
- Race fees = 12 € per seat
- Boat hire will not be possible for that race. The clubs must bring their own boats.
Thanks to the clubs who might be interested in this formula to express their interest by email by telling us before March 21, indicating :
- The name of the club
- The number of participating rowers
- If possible, the distribution in the different categories
reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org.